Skip to main content

Tulip Driven Life 2.0

Hello everyone,

I've get some big, exciting announcements for the Tulip Driven Life.

Over the last couple years that I've been posting to the TDL, there has grown a stream of supporters who have frequented the blog. It's not a large number, but it is a steady number. I have come to realize that, if this blog is ever going to have a higher ceiling, there will have to be quality, daily postings that are not overly lengthy. This is something I simply do not have time to do on my own.

Therefore, I am pleased to announce that The Tulip Driven Life will now be welcoming several other bloggers who believe that the teachings of the TULIP should guide and shape our lives. So far, 4 have agreed to come on board, with two more pending.

The four that have joined are:

Sean Rice
Nathan Fox
Christopher Denman
Thomas Clayton Booher (my Father).


I hope to have a brief bio and perhaps a picture of each of them up in the next few days. They will each post once a week, and I too will post once a week. However, my posts will be different from the others because.....

I AM WORKING ON A BOOK BASED OFF THE TULIP DRIVEN LIFE!!!!

That's right, I know you've all been screaming for this. The book will be based off the blog, and will be an e-book, which will probably be $0.99 on Amazon. Tomorrow I will post the introduction to the book, which will explain what it is all about and give a brief summary of the contents of each chapter. Then, once a week, I will post a portion of the first several chapters of the book. So, that will be my postings for the next couple months, at least.

The others will write on anything and everything they want, and I look forward to seeing what they have to say. I hope you will stop by and read their musings as well.

For now, enjoy the new layout for the blog and the new background logo which is pictured below. It's still a work in progress, but I think it looks fresh and is a nice change for this new stage of the Tulip Driven Life. I think the new default layout will make it easier to peruse all the different postings on the blog, which will be especially important now that there will be daily postings.

For His Glory,
Thomas F. Booher




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Pastors Shouldn't Preach In Jeans (Especially Skinny Jeans)

By: Thomas F. Booher I can't think of a better way to get labeled a legalist than to title a post like this. Hopefully by the end you will not see this as legalism and will see this as what it is- my attempt at describing what I believe is proper ecclesiology as defined by God in Scripture. So then, what is church? What does Scripture say we should be doing and not doing on Sunday mornings? That's what I want to explore. The Bible says to gather together in Christ's name; to teach, encourage, and admonish one another; to sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with thankfulness in our hearts to God (Heb. 10:24-25; Mat. 18:20; Col. 3:16). There are to be deacons (Acts 6:1-6) and elders (Ti. 1:5) in the church who act as overseers, and in the case of elders, are the shepherds of the flock who teach the word and rebuke with authority (Ti. 1:9).  God must call one to be a pastor/elder (Eph. 4:11). As such those who are called by God to preach the word are held to a

Luke Chapters 1-8 Sermon Outlines

  Luke 1:1-4 – Luke’s Orderly Account of Jesus Christ -- Sermon Outline Intro: Christians need an inspired account of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.     Need: Luke gives such an account in his gospel, so that we may know Jesus and have faith in Him. Theme: Luke compiles an account of the ministry of Jesus:   I.      Accurately declaring what the apostles and other eyewitnesses had told him. A.      1:1 , Inasmuch as many have taken in hand to set in order [put together/compose] a narrative [declaration/accounting/narration] of those things which have been fulfilled among us              1.       It is clear that what Christ had done did not go unnoticed, as “ many ” have undertaken the great task of composing in written form a historical “ narrative” concerning Christ’s earthly ministry.              2.       “ have been fulfilled ” means accomplished, and the perfect tense indicates the fulfilling of these OT prophecies concerning Christ, who He is and what

Some Problems in the PCA (Presbyterian Church in America)

By: Thomas F. Booher NOTE: I posted what's below to Facebook on this day, December 6, 2016. I wanted to post this here for record keeping and so that it can have a more visible and permanent viewership for those concerned or wishing to be more informed about the PCA.  I would like to explain my love for and grave concerns within the PCA (Presbyterian Church in America), the denomination in which I am currently a member and have served as a ruling elder. The state of the PCA is, in my estimation, not a consistently conservative, orthodox, and confessional one. I believe it is in the midst of much compromise, and I do not think that the average lay person is aware of it. It grieves me to say these things. I wish they were not true. I grew up in the PCA, and until several years ago I was still under the delusion that all was well in this denomination, that it was, by and large, holding fast to the Word of God. I still believe that there are many